Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Back To Chemo

Friday June 24

Well back to the grindstone again.  We are starting another regiment of chemo again this one consists of the drugs Irinotecan and Erbitux.  The one side affect of the Erbitux is a bad skin problem which is a rash that looks like acne.  Cody feels like he is 16 all over again.  His face has broke out really bad with this one and its very sore to touch.  If he touches it very hard or bumps it the little blisters then pop and start bleeding.  Hes starting to get very self conscious of how he looks.  The sun is very hard on him and he will then react with the rash spreading. This will be interesting through the summer. 

His Benedryl is back which he is excited about cause that means that nap time returns.  Not so much for me.  This just means that about 2am hes asking me if I'm asleep.  I was until he woke me up then he begins to say well since your awake do you want to watch a movie with me. 

1 comment:

  1. Poor cody, I hated the acne stage. At least he doesn't have to get braces...tell him to hang in there. As for the 2 a.m. wake up, that is hilarious. Sounds like you need a little benadryl before bed.

    ReplyDelete