Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Wednesday June 2nd
Today we met back with Dr.Rich to find out the results to the liver biopsy. Cody's mom came with us which was really great. The first thing that was said to us was he has stage 4 colon cancer which is not curable which came as a complete shock considering his age. The next thing I remember hearing is Dr.Rich saying out of 100 people 50% make it 1-2 years and then 20% out of the remaining 50 make it up to 5 years. At that point my mind completely shut down and i looked at Cody and his coloring was completely gone having a hard time breathing I thought he was about to pass out. I believe at that point we took in about half of what was said to us. something about chemo and something about a study. Good thing Cody's mom was there so out of the 3 of us at least one of us heard something.

Thursday June 3rd
today we were scheduled for a pet ct which showed us exactly where his cancer was at. In this it showed how much was in his liver. He had cancer on both sides which ruled out surgery at that time.

Monday June 7th
Today was the fun day as Cody called it he was going into be rotor rooter. this showed he had two tumors about the size of a golf ball. They were very low and really close to each other which was really great.

At this point we were unable to hid that I was expecting I was 10 weeks and very sick. Tenlie was so excited she was bound and determined that she was having a baby sister. She would tell everyone that if it was a boy it would be really bad. This helped take there mind off what was going on with her dad.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see your BLOGGING... GOOD JOB... I hope things went okay today, I have had you on my mind all day! your name is in the Temple... You know I love ya...xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I'm so glad you started a blog! It's such a great way to journal, and keep everyone around you up to date on how things are going. Your's looks so cute too, I love your background! We pray for you guys daily, and hope things go well for Cody, Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so great to talk to you the other day. I think you are an amazing, strong woman!!! I'm so glad you have a blog now!! Your family pictures are so adorable! Your kids are seriously the cutest!! Call me anytime you need to get out or if you need help with anything.

    I was just messing around with my blog when you checked it. It's not private anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blog.It is so fun. You did such a good job.

    Hope you guys know how much we love you. You and Cody amaze me everyday.

    ReplyDelete