Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tuesday June 8th
Today Cody Had to get his power port put in his chest. This port makes it so they can hook him up to his chemo treatments and draw blood form it instead of an Iv in his veins. Since Cody has lost so much weight and doesn't have a lot of extra meat up on his chest it makes him look like he has a 3rd boob. Its so amazing to see how far they have come with all the technology they have.

Wednesday June 9th
Today was suppose to be our first round of chemo, but Cody's liver biopsy was sent to Colorado to see if he qualified for a study that included an extra drug. Plus we wanted to see our options on surgery of his colon to see if we should remove the tumors first or proceed with chemo. After talking to Dr. Rich about the surgery he informed us that they are not as concerned about his colon as they are his liver. if we were to do surgery it would put chemo off for 6 weeks which is basically righting his own death sentence. The test results had not come back so we chose to Waite another week to see if he qualified or not. Dr. Rich felt like his blood work looked good enough to Waite, but if we had no results by next week we would proceed no matter what.

Monday June 14th
We found out today that Cody's cancer Had the right k raze, but there was a slight chance his cancer was mutating. Don't ask me what mutating means cause I'm still not quite sure. I just know that if they would have given him the protein drug with his cancer mutating it would have done more harm than good. We were told the study in Colorado had sent his biopsy off somewhere back east to make sure, but at this time we didn't feel like it was Cody's best interest to keep waiting we needed to get chemo started sooner than later. So Wednesday was the day we would start.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this with everybody! You guys are so amazing. I don't know how you are doing it. I don't think I would have the strenght. If you need anything let us know. If you need us to take your kids, we would love to. Anytime. Congrats on number 3 too. I know on top of that it makes things harder. So let us know if you need anything. You are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A third boob!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy crap, I'm totally laughing my head off right now!! I can so hear you guys saying that!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tori I found your blog via Jamie. Your family pictures are beautiful! Congrats on your pregnancy. I have been thinking about you and your family a lot. I am glad you are blogging so I can keep in touch with you. I have a private blog so if you email me I could send you an invite?! camille@mcjpics.com

    ReplyDelete