Sunday, May 15, 2011

Colonoscopy

Monday March 28

Well today Cody had a Colonoscopy.  This is were the cancer all began and Cody was a little nervous on what they would see.  We asked how long this procedure should take and they told us about 20 minutes from the time they take him back.  They came and got him and 20 minutes have passed by then 30 minutes then 40 and I started to get a little nervous.  I finally found someone at the hour mark.  They told me that the Dr. was just taking his time and making sure what he was seeing was right.  When the Dr. got in and was looking around he could see no signs of a cancer tumor anywhere.  There were 4 very large palups that he went a head and removed, but could not see any signs of the original tumor.  When they brought Cody back out the Dr. came out to confirm what the nurses had already told me.  Cody was cancer free in his Colon as of right now.  What a relief to hear those words.  Even though we knew he still had it in his Liver and pelvic bone we could eliminate the colon and rule out surgery.


1 comment:

  1. I am SO happy that you got to hear some good news. I know this doesn't mean the road ahead is easy and I can't imagine what you and your family are going through ~ but you guys deserve to hear some good news and for that I am SO happy!! It brought tears to my eyes when I read it. We are praying for you. We hope you'll continue to get good news in the coming months!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete