Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Halloween Half Marathon

October 29


Just after this next picture was taken it was time to refuel with a GU shot at mile 9.  When I pulled mine out it had froze.  There for I was not able to get it all down before the water station and by the time I got it down my water had pretty much spilled all out.  So the side affect to a frozen Gu with very little water will make you feel like you are about tho through up.  By about mile 10 I told Michelle to go ahead and go I felt like I was going to loose it any minute.  I was so made cause we were truly rocking it on time. At mile 11 they had another water station that I was able to get some in and break that up. I tell you within minutes I was feeling so much better I didn't feel like I was going to pass out and off I went. 
Michelle came in about 3 minutes before I did so I was able to make up some time on the last 2 miles.
Other than the miner hick up this was a really fun race and I really enjoyed the course.  I was able to get my PR.
Time: 1:46:30
Place in age group: 69/552
Overall place: 511/3308

I've really enjoyed having Michelle as a running partner and look forward to running many more races with her.  We may even get Damon to do a few with us next year.

It was also fun to have our family there at the finish line cheering us on.


So I said I was going to be done after the marathon, but look who did another race. Crazy me!!  It all started out that I was going to be running it with one of my friends and I told her it just depended on how I was feeling.  I was talking to my sister-in-law about it and some how convinced her into running it with me.  When it came down to it my friend back out and Michelle and I had already registered.  So we thought what the heck its just for fun right.  We got into it and joined in on the costumes.  Michelle was a football player and I was a little pumpkin.  I know I know we are very creative. 

It was actually warmer than we had anticipated and were a little over dressed.  The run on the other hand was very pretty.  As you can see from the pictures we had a great scenic run.  Our plan was to run together the entire time and things were going great we had a great pace going.

No comments:

Post a Comment