Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hobble Creek Half Marathon

August 20

Well today was the big Hobble Creek Race.  This is one of the races I had been working up to and was very excited to run.  My good friend Torie and I had decided we wanted to run a half together this year so we chose to do the Hobble Creek one.  It was such a fun time training together.  We joined a track class that met every Monday morning to do sprinting drills to help improve our speed.  it was a very hard class, but very fun to do it together.  We also would hook up at least 2-3 times a week to run our distance runs together.  I really enjoyed our time out on the road.  

So our morning started out with me picking up Torie and Corie at 4 in the morning to get to the buses.  Their was a slight glitch in the buses and we had to wait for awhile to get to the start line.  Once we were up there it was really nice.  The race actually only started 15 minutes late which was really good for this race.  The weather was really nice a t the beginning, but then warmed up towards the end.  Torie and I stayed together up to mile 9 which was really fun.  She was rocking the race course for it being her first half ever.  I was so proud of her she exceeded her goal by quit sometime.  She really wanted to finish just under 2 hours and she came in @ 1:53.  That is an awesome time.   


Here we are at the finish line.
Here is the three of us.
Corie, Torie, And myself.

My stats:
Time: 1:50:10
Age division 61 out of 184
Overall 352 out of 1074

I was able to get another PR by a hole 37 sec.

This race was my very first half 2 years ago so it was fun to run it again and see how much I had improved.  I ran it in 2009 with a time of 2:07:12

No comments:

Post a Comment