Thursday, July 8, 2010

First Round Of Chemo








Wednesday June16
First round of chemo was today. We were kind of nervous not knowing what to expect you hear all sorts of horror stories about chemo. All we new was that he would be hooked up for 4hrs with 4 different drugs being pumped in him and then hooked up to a pump with another drug that he would bring home for 2days. Now for those of you who know Cody he's not very patient when it comes to sitting around let alone 4hrs in the same chair. He's not much of a reader so we had to intrude on Tenlie and take her portable DVD player.



As you can see he was able to get in all the "Duke" (John Wayne) he wanted.



No Cody did really well with everything that day. The only thing that bothered him was one of the drugs they give him gives a cold sensitivity. which was described as very painful to drink or touch they say it feels like drinking glass. about 10 minutes after he is hooked up to that one he no longer wants cold things for about 3-7 days. He's not looking forward to that.


Thursday June17
Today Cody is feeling pretty good he wants to try and go to work with his pump for a couple of hours. He left home around the same time I left for work about 10 and at 3 he called saying he was feeling a little tired so he was heading home to take a nap before myself and the kids came home. When I got off work I called to see if he wanted to go with me to pick up the kids from my moms house. When I got home Cody was on the couch his face and neck were bright red. I instantly thought he was running a temperature cause he was sweating and had been taking chills. So I grabbed our thermometer and took his temp everything looked great, but he was scaring me to death. I instantly told him we are heading to my moms and checking it again their. She agreed to with me he didn't look good if he is even running a temp of 100.4 we are to take him instantly to the ER. He had no temperature so the only thing we could think of was he was in the sun all afternoon and the drug makes him very sensitive to it. First experience with chemo I wasn't impressed scared me to death.



Saturday June 19
Today There was a yard sale/ bake sale held for Cody. We had a 13 year old girl in our ward that wanted to do a fundraiser for him to help out. This Yard sale was so amazing we couldn't believe how much stuff was donated to sell let alone the turn out we had. We can not express our feeling enough to all the many people who helped put this fundraiser together by either donating helping run it or just by supporting it. Much thanks goes out to everyone and thank you Robinson family for heading this up. We will always be grateful to all the many people who helped in so many ways.




1 comment:

  1. I know for a fact that is the longest Cody has ever sat still in one place in his whole life!!!!!! He looks so cute in that second picture with the head phones on! That garage sale was seriously so cool! It made me tear up being there and feeling all the love and support that everyone has for your little family. I love this blog so much! It's so nice to be able to see what you guys are going through and to read your feelings about it. You guys are so positive and honest about everything. You two are amazing!

    Is it time for me to get my hair done again???? I loooooove my hair by the way! I feel so cute as a blond! ha ha
    THANK YOU FRIEND!!!

    ReplyDelete