Friday, July 23, 2010

Summer sleep out at Grandmas

Monday July 12

Even though our summer has been quit the whirl wind the kids have yet to stop having fun. My mom has had a sleep out with the younger grand kids for the past 2 years. This year she decided to extend the offer out to my cousins and their kids. they came for a fun water day in grandmas back yard. She had two blow up water slides, two pools, and two slip in slides going. who needs a water park when you have that.


This is all the kids that were able to make it.



Tenlie couldn't get enough of the big girls giving her attention. I think they enjoyed it as much as she did. Every time we get together she just thrives on the girls.

Stetson thought he was as big as Mckay they were joined at the hip. Mckay was so patient with him it was so fun to watch.



After they got done roasting hot dogs and smores the extended cousins left.




Then after a long day of swimming and playing my mom stuck all the grand kids out on her deck to sleep. They had so much fun telling ghost stories and jokes they had a great time, they even convinced grandma to sleep out with them.



The next morning grandma made them a great breakfast which they enjoyed sitting around the table talking and laughing. I'm so grateful that my mom does this with the grand kids what memories they will have.

2 comments:

  1. How fun!! I was just talking to my parents the other day about starting a tradition like this. My kids are the only grand kids around so it sucks!! We almost did it when Josie was here last week. I've been seeing those blow up water parks all over this year! They look awesome!! Fun stuff!! I love that you blog now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a blast! What a cool grandma!

    ReplyDelete