Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Round Nine

Wednesday October 13

Today Is round 9 out of 12. I can't believe how fast this has gone. When we were first told he would receive 12 treatments with this set of drugs it seemed like forever. Now that there are just 3 more to go I can't hardly believe it.

Well today we got great news back from his CT. His tumors have shrunk another 20 percent from the last CT. Which the Dr. thinks that from the first CT at the very begging it could actually be a total of 60 percent. We are so grateful for all the blessings we have received during this trial we can't even begin. Cody has been doing extremely well the Dr. said he couldn't even hope for these results he has blown away his expectations. He described it as if Cody is riding a wave and they just can't catch up with him.

Cody has been so strong and positive through this journey I can't even imagine how he is holding up.

Of course I think it has been about every other treatment his port likes to give the nurses fits. This time was no exception.


After working on it for a few minutes it finally gave blood.



And again after about 5 minutes of the Benadryl lights out for Cody.




Friday October 15

So we went to get Cody unhooked from his pump as a family. The kids think this is so cool. today they had to get up close and watch the whole thing.





Well we got Cody's tumor counts back today and they are at 3.9 which is very much in the normal range and his Liver function has come down to be in the high end of normal now.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that he is doing so well. Okay I totally can't wait to see your new family pictures! I'm going crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tor, I'm so glad things are going so well! I'll keep praying that they continue that way! Life's little miracles are amazing. Isn't it crazy how something so scary, hard, and crazy can change you and your relationship for the better!!!! I'm so happy for you! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for Cody:) Family Pictures?? I'm anxious to see:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad he is doing so well.. Can't believe it is round 9. You both are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY Cody!! Im so happy he's doing so good! I hate those pictures though :( they make my heart hurt!!

    ReplyDelete