Friday, September 17, 2010

Disneyland Runs

Saturday September 4

Well this trip could not have come at a better time. We planned this trip back in January I got a wild hair and decided to sign up for the Disney half marathon. Which if I run a race that has kids races my kids beg me to sign them up also. So Tenlie Ran a 200 meter run and Stetson ran a 100 meter run. When we found out I was pregnant I had decided since I would be almost 6 months I would run walk the race and see how it went. Then when we found out about Cody we had a lot of thinking to do on if we should even continue the plans. We didn't know how he would feel after 3 months of chemo. Finally when I miss carried we deiced who cares about things we need this family trip very much. At this point we had about 9 weeks before we would leave and I was not cleared for exercise for about 3 weeks. Needless to say there had been no training going on up to this point. We were able to convince my parents into coming along on the trip with us and my mom decided she has always wanted to try a 5k why not this one so she joined the gang. Well it came time for us to leave and I believe there was only 5 weeks of some what training involved, but I decided what the heck with everything going on in my life I will just be glad to finish.

We got to California and had to go to the expo where we picked up our running packets. That is were these next few pictures were taken. I thought I might as well get my picture by the 13 miles marker now who knows how I will feel on the real day.



My moms neighbor Tiffany was also running the race we meat up with her at the expo. Its kind of nice knowing someone else in the run with you.


Tiffany also has a daughter Tenlies age Cassidy which they are really good friends.



We had to take pictures at ever picture spot possible.



So My mom has never been a runner, but has always wanted to do a 5k. I told her I would help her train if she would do it. I'm so proud of her she did such a great job she even surprised her self by running some of it. She was able to finish just under 40 min which is great for your first one ever.




Who would ever think a 65 year old would try something like this for the first time and run it alone. Good job mom keep it up I'm very proud of you.


The kids races were right after the 5k and they were so excited Stetson kept telling me he was running right to mickey and giving him a big hug.


Unfortunately we were unable to get a picture of Stetson running since I had to run with him and Cody was with Tenlie at her start line and my dad was videoing it for us. sorry bud maybe next time.



Here we are at the finish line. It was so fun being in the park running and having the characters there at the finish line cheering you on.



Tenlie is our determined one she was so excited to be doing this. I ran just behind her for support, but she didn't even need me she just took off and was passing everyone in her heat and the one in front of hers. I was one proud mommy.


Her favorite part was the characters at the finish line also. It lit her up with all smiles.


Good job guys I'm so proud of all of you.




Sunday September 5

So Sunday was the big day and I was actually feeling good about the run. I meet up with Tiffany just out side the Starting line. We tried to take a picture just under the big screen together, but it just wasn't happening.


This Picture was taken about the 13 mile point. This has to be the funnest run I have ever done it will be definitely one I do again.

My finishing time wasn't my best, but a lot better than I had expected for not really training. I finished in 2:27:01
Overall Place: 5237/12350
Gender Place: 2593/7850
Division Place: 461/1310



It was a lot of fun having all of us run while we were there. These are all of our medals for finishing the races.

No comments:

Post a Comment