Sunday, August 29, 2010

Look whos 34

Saturday August 28

Well right after chemo on wed we went up to Cody's parents house to have a party for him. Unfortunately Cody wasn't feeling so good that night so he wasn't able to enjoy the food like the rest of us. He was a great trooper and tried to enjoy his party even though all he wanted to do was sleep.


Cody's family has this cake that everyone just loves and it's codys favorite.



Cody tried to eat some, but it just wasn't settling very well.




Saturday was his actual birthday and I felt terrible for him this round has been a little harder for him. He has been extremely tired and not feeling like doing much of anything. We wanted to make this one very special for him, but he just didn't want to do much. So Sunday he was feeling up to getting out of bed and doing something so my parents had us over for a wonderful dinner especially when I didn't have to do any of the cooking. I decided to try and attempt his Family's cake maybe this time he would feel up to eating more of it.


Cody looked a whole bunch better today compared to the other two. Nothing like it being your day and feeling crappy.




O.K so this cake is a pain to make and I mean a pain. Everyone in his family hates making it ,but it sure is good. I was quit pleased with my self since it didn't slide apart. As you will see in this next picture it is a 4 layer cake with cool whip in between. We all know how cool whip gets when its left out for long it gets really soft. So you you have to work fast and then stick it in the fridge.


3 comments:

  1. Happy 34th Cody!!!

    That sucks that he wasn't feeling that well.

    That cake looks like a major pain. Good job! I used to like to bake cakes until I had to start making egg free ones!! Now I want to shoot myself just thinking about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Cody!

    Tori that cake looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Cody...
    We are sorry you didn't feel well and we are sorry we didn't have Zander on your Birthday.

    We love you Cody and Tor I am going to request you to make me that cake on my Birthday. Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete