Sunday, August 29, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten

Thursday August 26


WOW!!!! I can't believe Tenlie is starting Kindergarten. It seams like she was just a baby. I know everyone says that, but I'm not sure I'm ready for this sweat little girl to grow up on me. She has been looking forward to this day ever since her pre-school graduation. All I heard during the summer was when do I get to go to the big kids school.

We were lucky enough to get into Renaissance Academy the charter school here in Lehi. They only took 7 kids after the sibling lottery. We kept debating on if this was the right choice in sending her there, but after lots of thought and prayer we felt really good about our decision.




Tenlie woke up so excited which I was kind of worried she is not a early morning girl and with school starting at 8 she has no choice. Good thing she is excited.

The whole time I was doing her hair she kept saying. Mom I'm getting so big I get to go to the big kids school. I was trying so hard to keep the tiers back so she wouldn't see. I didn't want to ruin her big day.


I do have to say I'm loving the uniforms its so much easier and I don't have to fight her on what she is wearing. Plus they look so sharp I never thought I would be one to say that wow how things change.


When we were arriving to the school her attitude changed in a hurry. She wanted to make sure I was going in with her. We made it a family trip to drop her off Stetson was sad Tenlie was being left and he couldn't stay.


They have to wait out side their class rooms in the commons area between the first grade class and kindergarten class Tenlie was really nervous with all the kids around until she found her friend that is in first grade. After that she no longer needed us.



The bell rang and off she went into class she was so excited we didn't even get a hug or wave good by. I wasn't liking this one bit. As you can see nothing but big smiles from this little one. She is loving school and for me I'm just getting use to it. I do have to say I'm loving that there is only 17 kids in her class.

2 comments:

  1. The first one is so hard!!! It is a lot easier having your oldest be a girl though. They are so much better with school stuff. I remember being so amazed when Brighten came home from school that first day! She acted so much older!! I think Brighten would freak if she had to do the uniform thing but it would make it a ton easier for mom and the check book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the uniform thing too, and I NEVER thought I would say that!
    It's hard to figure out what school is best for your kids.
    She looks cute and excited.
    Where did you get the cute head band, or hair clip?
    We're getting old huh! LOL

    ReplyDelete